Merging of the Digital and Analogue World
The Audionet DNA I combines extraordinary performance and peerless sound quality with compact dimensions. With its universal interface to access your digitally stored music, it’s an audiophile powerhouse for bits and bytes. The Audionet DNA I changes all kinds of binary music data into an exhilarating and intoxicating listening event. The sound is rock-solid and powerful, comprehensive and rich in contour, natural and finessed. It turns bits and bytes to a tremendous and vigorous experience for the senses.
The Audionet DNA is able to be fully integrated into a network and operated entirely by a PC or Mac. Our in-house developed software RCP (Audionet Remote Control Point) allows the user to organize complex functions and settings effortlessly through a GUI (graphic user interface).The RS-232 interface allows in addition for professional integration into home automation systems. At long last it can also be controlled in the classic way with the Audionet System Remote Control.
The DNA I is capable of receiving its data from the Internet radio and podcasts, streams music from TIDAL, Qobuz and Deezer, USB Audio interfaces, HDD, USB-sticks/drives, analogue sources and can be fitted with a first-class phono preamp. The DNA’s optical link output allows for remote switching of other Audionet components, and it offers a network phase detector.
The Audionet DNA I offers universal connectivity. For digital signals we have provided 5 digital inputs altogether, from WLAN, LAN to USB and USB Audio to electrical and optical S/PDIF. For the analogue signals it offers 3 pairs of gold-plated RCA inputs.
The circuit design is elaborate, technically unique and rigorously implemented. The power supply is strong and fast: a 700 VA toroid transformer, dedicated capacitors with a large total smoothing capacity of 96,000 µF; incorporating low ESR, a special highly effective power input filter, and – last but not least – an optimized circuit design with short paths and low intrinsic capacitance ensuring the powerful and fast-acting characteristics needed for pure, clean power – and sound – delivery.
The digital section of DNA I is separated from the analogue base board to reduce effectively disturbances caused by the digital high frequency signals. The digital to analogue converter supports digitals signals up to 192 kHz / 24 bit.
The ultra-linear circuitry is designed for exemplary distortion-free, high-speed and stable sound. Sound-damaging influences have been almost entirely eliminated, exemplary reproduction stability is guaranteed. We use only the best materials; carefully selected high-grade components such as audio-grade capacitors with a silk / hemp dielectric; high quality, close-tolerance film impulse capacitors and highest-quality rhodium speaker terminals.
Network-compatible stereo integrated amplifier.
- Streaming client for internet radio and podcast playback (airable.Radio & airable.on-demand and vTuner Internet Radio Service), network devices (UPnP mediaserver) and music data from USB memory sticks
- Offers access to music online services TIDAL, Qobuz and Deezer in Hifi/HighRes quality: FLAC 44.1kHz/16bit up to 192kHz/24bit (depending on availability and account type of respective online service)
- Supported streaming client formats: WAV (up to 192 kHz / 24 bit), FLAC (up to 192 kHz / 24 bit), ALAC (up to 96 kHz / 24 bit), AIFF (uncompressed, up to 192 kHz / 24 bit), AAC, WMA, OGG-Vorbis, USB 2.0 (USB-A) for external media control and USB Audio 2.0 (up to 192 kHz / 24 bit);
- Supports Gapless-Playback by Audionet Apps
- Audionet Intelligent Sampling Technology with asynchronous upsampling up to 192 kHz / 24bit
- Precise clockgenerator for the elimination of clock flank deviations (jitter)
- Sampling frequencies and resolution of the digital inputs: 32 kHz to 192 kHz / 24 bit
- Audionet ULA-technology (Ultra Linear Amplifier)
- Fully DC-coupled, no capacitors in the signal path
- One toroid transformer with 700 VA
- Filtering capacity in total of 96,000μF
- Separate power supplies for digital and analogue section
- Signal wiring by monolithic super-clean copper cable
- Bypassmode for home-cinema integration
- Microprocessor with dedicated powersupply controls and handles all functions
- Remote activation of other Audionet components via Audionet Link (optical fiber)
- Headphones output electronically switchable
- Automatic mains phase detection
- Audionet Metal Remote Control RC 2
Interfaces and Connectors
- WLAN 802.11 b / g / n –WEP, WPA, WPA2
- LAN / Ethernet (RJ45)
- USB 2.0 type A for external USB-Media
- RS232 (control input)
In- and Outputs
|Analogue audio inputs:||3 pair RCA Line, gold plated, teflon insulated|
|Digital audio inputs:||1 RCA, 75 Ohm, gold plated, teflon insulated
1 optical (TosLink)
|Audio outputs:||1 pair RCA Pre-Out, gold plated, teflon insulated
6.3 mm socket (headphones), electronically switchable
|Loudspeaker outputs:||2 pair Furutech Rhodium pole terminals|
|Additional connectors:||1 Ethernet (RJ 45)
1 USB Audio type B
1 USB 2.0 type A
Screw connector for turntable earth connection
|Remote activation:||1 Audionet Link OUT, optical (TosLink)|
|Mains:||IEC male power insert connector|
|Output:||2 x 120 Watt into 8 Ohm
2 x 230 Watt into 4 Ohm
|Damping factor:||typ. 1,000 at 100 Hz|
|Filtering capacitance:||> 96,000 µF|
|THD + N:||< -93 dB, for 20 Hz to 20 kHz|
|Frequency response:||1 – 500,000 Hz (-3 dB)|
|SNR:||> 100 dB at 1kHz|
|Frequency response:||1 – 96,000 Hz, depending on fs|
|Sample frequency fs:||32kHz – 192 kHz|
|Power consumption:||1 W stand by,
12 W quick start,
max. 750 W
|Mains:||220…240 volts / 50…60 Hz or
100…120 volts / 50…60 Hz
|Dimensions:||width 430 mm
height 110 mm
depth 360 mm
|Front panel:||Brushed aluminium, 10mm, black anodized, light grey printing
Brushed aluminium, 10mm, silver anodized, black printing
|Display:||Red or blue|
|Cover:||Aluminium, 4 mm, black anodised|
|Sides:||Aluminium, 8 mm, black anodised|
|Chassis:||Sheet steel, 2mm, black varnished|
“…if you love music as hot as I do, and your tastes are so eclectic, the Slayer is mixed with Monteverdim, before you decide on something else, listen DNA I, perhaps you can’t buy it immediately, but gained while listening knowledge and properly set reference point certainly not hurt.”
The Audionet DNA I is
Editor’s Choice 2015
in the category Amplifiers.
The DNA I was awarded with the Plus X Award 2015 in the following categories:
Ease of Use
“The soundstage stands like a building, with a deep and controlled basement, detailed midrange and a high and sparkling top, without any sharpness or harsh edges. The space and air between the sound elements is very nice so that you’ll get an immense impression of the spatiality when perceiving acoustical music. […] Investment in the future.”
Firmware & USB Audio
New firmware updates for the Audionet DNA I are provided by the Audionet Remote Control Point RCP Software (PC & Mac).
The latest version of the RCP must be installed on your computer in order to recieve the newest firmware update. When launching the RCP, it does search the newest firmware and starts the update process automatically (factory default setting). In case that you have deactivated the auto-update function of the RCP: please use the item ‘Check for Updates’ in the menu ‘Help’ to start the update process. We strongly recommend using a wired connection from the DNA I to the network for the firmware update process.
The latest version of the Audionet Music Manager for Android aMM is available in the Google Play Store.
The latest version of the Audionet Music Manager for iOS iMM is available in the Apple App Store.
For using USB Audio, the required driver needs to be installed on your PC. For Apple computers using Mac OS X 10.6.4 and higher, a suitable driver is included within the operating system. To receive the driver for Windows based systems please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the version of Windows you are using and your audionet machine serial number.
For installation notes and further information refer to the user’s manual section 5.3.2 USB Audio.